Saturday, December 20, 2014

In a hole in the ground...

I went to see the third Hobbit movie today with a group of friends in costume, and decided to do something I've been meaning to do for a while now, and start a cosplay blog!  My costume, pictures below, was meant to be a feminine version of Bilbo's costume in the poster for the first movie, more or less.  The lighting in these photos isn't too good; hopefully future ones will be better.

The inspiration:


The costume (with shoes):


The costume (without shoes):


Closeup (with ring):


The pieces:

-brown lace-up dress, made by me
-beige blousy underdress, made by me
-burgundy velvet vest, made by me
-leather belt from the thrift store
-cloak borrowed from my brother
-ring, found among my random craft supplies, on a chain borrowed from another necklace
-staff, borrowed from my sister, originally made by my grampa
-spats, found in a thrift store, over black flat shoes (first picture only)
-hair tied back in a short braid
-no makeup

The whole costume was put together in about half an hour.

Thanks to my brother Noah for taking the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment