Sunday, December 28, 2014

Curiouser and curiouser

This is a stealth cosplay inspired by one of my favorite pieces of children's literature, Lewis Carroll's Alice In Wonderland.  I put most of it together several weeks ago from items I already had, and have been waiting for an opportunity to use it.

The inspiration:





The costume:







The pieces:

-Red long-sleeved shirt from my closet (the text reads "Careful, or you'll end up in my novel.")
-Jeans, ditto 
-Cream striped vest from the thrift store 
-Stripy socks 
-Black felt flats from Winners
-Cream pashmina from the thrift store 
-Silver tone rose ring from my jewelry box
-Silver tone lock-and-key necklace, ditto
-Pocket watch, ditto again (my pride and joy for some years now) 
-Black hairband, made by me
-Red and black nail polish 

Assembly time: 1-2 hours.

Many thanks to my sister Mary for taking the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment